Fire Protection Water Tanks
HARRIS COUNTY TEXAS
FIRE PROTECTION WATER SOLUTIONS
We offer fire flow and fire protection water storage solutions that are designed to comply with the Texas Fire Code, NFPA standards for fire protection as well as the state of Texas Building Standards Code.
The Permit Process for Harris County Texas is regulated by the Fire Marshal and the Building Division.
The Harris County Fire Code as Relevant to Fire Flow
507.1 Required water supply. An approved water supply capable of supplying the required fire flow for fire protection shall be provided to premises upon which facilities, buildings or portions of buildings are hereafter constructed or moved into or within the jurisdiction.
508.1 Required water supply. An approved water supply capable of supplying the required fire flow for fire protection shall be provided to premises upon which facilities, buildings or portions of buildings are hereafter constructed or moved into or within the jurisdiction. Water supply as otherwise required by this section will not be required if the responsible emergency services district or fire department provides a letter stating they can provide sufficient fire flow for the specific project.
2808.18 Fire protection response plan:
• The local fire department is a participant in the plan
• The local fire department has a copy of the fire prevention response plan 32
• Employees are trained and can perform their role in an emergency
• Heavy equipment with trained operators to separate and work for piles is on-site or immediately available
• Adequate water supply: fixed hydrants, portable tanks, ponds, other sources
• Adequate pressure and flow rate at all locations on site (minimum of 250 GPM at 60 PSI)
When a Building or Property Needs Fire Protection Water Storage to Comply with the Texas Fire Code, We Provide the Tank with the Necessary Components
1. Determine Harris County requirements for capacity, accessories, etc.
2. We will design the fire protection water storage tank to the project needs as well as develop an engineering package for the permit.
3. Our optional engineering package for your project can be used to obtain the fire protection tank permit.
4. Our accredited installation network will deliver and install the Pioneer Water Tank onsite.
PIONEER WATER TANKS COMPLY WITH NFPA 22
The NFPA 22 standards for water storage for fire protection sets the minimum requirements for the design, construction, installation, and maintenance of water tanks and their accessories.
Chapter four of the NFPA 22 Standards for Private Fire Protection covers the general requirements while the other chapters go into depth by the type of water tank.
See the Entire Assessment of Pioneer Water Tanks to NFPA 22, Link Below
KEEP WATER FRESH AND CLEAN FOR LONGER
Combine your drinking and fire water storage in one cost-effective, space-efficient tank. Pioneer Water Tanks has partnered with SANITIZED® – the world-leading institute in antimicrobial hygiene technology – to create the AQUALINER® Fresh.
The AQUALINER® Fresh is a new cutting-edge tank liner that works to protect against the build-up of mold, algae, mildew, and biofilm.
The advantage of harnessing world-class technology from the Swiss-based company SANITIZED® in a water tank application is that the interior surfaces of your tank are actively working against bacterial growth.
ACCESSORY OPTIONS FOR PIONEER WATER TANKS
All Pioneer Water Tanks can be orientated to suit client requirements. We have the flexibility to insert Nozzles (inlets and outlets, etc) through the tank wall, roof or floor. They can adapt to most flange tables – BSP, D, E, DN, DIN or ANSI. We include our standard polyethylene fitting with an option to upgrade to galvanized steel or brass fittings.
Our commercial line of nozzles ranges from 2” – 16” diameter with even more options outside of this range.
Nozzle orientation is an important component in tank design. The position and size of the nozzles will determine the “effective” or usable storage capacity. Before we manufacture any commercially designed water tank we create a nozzle orientation drawing. This allows you (or the engineer) to nominate the position of each nozzle – inlet, outlet, overflow, etc. to match up with existing or new pipework.
Pioneer Water Tanks are engineered to NFPA standards for water storage for fire protection. The tank’s firefighting adapters and nozzles options are compatible with fire hoses in America. Our tanks come standard with poly outlet and inlets but they can all be upgraded to our brass options. Additional accessories are available for different compliance needs.
We stock a range of firefighting fittings that provide instant access to fire reserve storage in case of an emergency that complies with NFPA 22 standards. Turn your water tank into a water source for firefighters with hose fittings.
Why Choose Pioneer Water Tanks for Fire Protection?
1. Texas ready Pioneer Water Tanks are the longest-lasting tank with firefighting adapter options that can also double as a drinking water source.
Our fire protection water tanks work well with the Texas Fire Code requirements and our optional engineering packages make the permit process easier.
Buildings are required to have fire sprinkler systems installed, according to the Harris County fire and building codes. If fire flow is not achieved with the providing water supply, additional water storage may be needed for fire code compliance.
2. Pioneer fire-protection tanks comply with NFPA National Fire Protection Association standards, as required by the Texas Fire Code, for fire-water storage.
Fire protection packages come with a complete set of engineer-approved drawings.
3. Pioneer offers a wide variety of water-storage options with capacities ranging from 5,000 to 1,000,000 Gallons.
Pioneer Water Tanks are backed by our industry-leading warranty, so you can rest easy knowing you have a fire-protection solution that will last.
4. Pioneer Water Tanks are made of Zincalume® steel that has been proven to withstand fire immersion and resist corrosion, ensuring the safety of your water supply in even the worst emergencies.
Our full line of anti-vortex and fire-fighting adapters ensure water is always available for quick access during a fire emergency.